Monday, April 20, 2009

Life is hard, but GOD is always good!


Tears are leaking out. My heart is feeling sad.

I think this is going to be one of the hardest weeks so far this year for me. And not because of school. This week, all of the INSIGHT students are at the Gospel Coalition conference in Chicago. They are driving in the BBC van as I write this. I am so glad that they have an opportunity to set up for and attend this incredible conference. But I am so sad I can't be there with them.

There are now three weeks until INSIGHT graduation. One of those weeks, I am not able to spend every precious minute with the students. And that is really hard. Every time I am reminded of the students (and believe me, it is often. Almost everything I see or hear reminds me of something involving INSIGHT) I almost lose it. I have a sinking feeling in my stomach knowing that most of them will be leaving so soon.

If this week is only a taste of what my INSIGHT-less summer will be, I fear that I will be a complete wreck.

The timing of the conference is actually very good. I am starting to feel the pressure of the end of the semester and I need to be studying. So, not having the students as a delightful distraction is helpful. But, oh so sad.

But, praise GOD! He is still good, especially when life is hard and I'm sad. I need to keep reminding myself that I may not see many of the students after this year, but I will see them in heaven. And, not only will I see them, I will get to spend eternity with them, worshipping the LORD! How amazing is that?!

My mantra the past few years has been that life is hard, but God is good. I know that this could hardly be called suffering or a hardship, but I am sad, and God is still good.

So, Anna, Kat, Emily, Amy, Julie, Karissa, Raquel, Celinda, Courtney, Nick, Luke, Jon, Dana, Josh, Matt, TJ, Josh, and Mac...

I miss you all! I hope you have a wonderful time and love Jesus better after this conference. And I can't wait to see you all this weekend!
PS - this song is making me happy. It's one of the songs that was played when we went swing dancing last week.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh Whitney, I hadn't read your blog for a while and now I've missed so many posts.....I wish I'd read this earlier. You're so sweet. I love you.