Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Word Paint: Why Peace?


You wake me with peace
I'm safe today.
I'm always safe, but I feel it now.
Why peace? How?
Hours ago - unsettled and sick;
This morning - quiet,
Green pastures, still waters.
My soul restored.
Your perfect love, there is no fear.
You stand guard over my heart,
No devils lies here.
They whisper and spit
partial truths, whole lies - 
poison and fire.
You raise up your shield, 
I rest in your shadow.
The promise stands - 
"I will answer you."
So again, I call out
"Save me, more grace!"
You come. You always come.
You're never far.
I leave, my eyes wander.
Cup my chin, direct my gaze, 
Back to you, your gentle face - 
Full of love, full of strength.
"My heart is yours,"
I open my hand.
"I trust you, I need you."
You are my shield.
My God, my Protector.
Why peace?
The cross: my gain.

No comments: