Saturday, August 4, 2012

Word Paint: Summer Storm


The wind whispers
Warning of a storm.
Not a secret whisper  
A wild one.
The gusts, the lightning - 
Angry tonight.
But I can’t be scared,
Even alone in the dark.
It’s too beautiful.
The thunder rumbles
I relax, then swell with awe.
My soul sings along 
To the song of the storm.

The lightning speaks,
I strain to hear.
I want to know its language.
I am deaf and dumb.
I want to talk to the lightning
And know its story.
But I can’t - I’m only human.
I speak with words, not electricity.

Raindrops on the glass
One of God’s prettiest pictures.
The window pane
A water wall.
Tonight’s storm is especially wet.
No more rain then usual.
But it’s silky tonight
The way it slides.

I love watching the people.
No pride when you’re drenched.
Torrential downpour - 
You remember that you’re little.

No comments: