Wednesday, July 13, 2011

roadtrip: truck drivers

I hold serious grudges against the semis that pass me on the road. I feel all unsettled inside until I have regained my appropriate position somewhere ahead of it on the highway. While I was driving home from Nebraska on Wednesday, there was one bully of a semi who passed me and triggered this thought:

Truck drivers are always being passed on the road and they know full well that no one likes them. They have major self-esteem issues, I'm sure. Every once in a while, you find a driver who can take this passive aggression no longer and asserts himself with the power-play that is passing the puny vehicles all around him.

Do you feel better about yourself now that you've bullied all the weaker vessels? How do you live with yourself, monstrous hunk of metal?

No comments: