Sunday, July 17, 2011

roadtrip: drivers

Somewhere in the middle of Iowa, I decided to go all 'Stuff Christians Like' and compile a list of the the kind of drivers you encounter on long stretches of highway.

1. business people: they are usually sharply-dressed, incredibly aggressive, and have a superiority complex - and they have it bad! Similar, I suppose, to those who ride in first class (according to Brian Regan).
2. college girls: they are all on their phones and tend to drive like idiots. Hey, it is what it is.
3. college guys: generally laid-back and/or distracted and have fast food trash in the rear window.
4. truck drivers: I believe I have sufficiently expressed my feelings concerning this particular breed.
5. moms: most often frazzled and hurrying somewhere, and are personally offended by your poor driving. personal speculation: they are over-worked, under-appreciated, and your driving (while her children are complaining in the back seat) is the last straw.
6. the elderly: no matter how poorly they drive, you simply cannot be upset with them.
7. the jerks who speed up and tail you while you're trying to pass a semi: these come in all shapes and sizes and they're all punks.
8. and then there's me: windows open, country music blasting, soaking up inspiration from the cornfields and open air, and madly scribbling thoughts before they float away.

Did I miss any?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

This made me smile! I love you Whit! :)

Anonymous said...

ahaha this is hilarious! i miss you

Deus Spes Nostra said...

Is it so simple that you cannot be upset with bad elderly drivers?