Monday, February 7, 2011

I have no excuse...

...for not posting in 11 months.

I only have time for a brief update... homework [always] calls!
Life has been a whirlwind since school started in August, including:
  • Craziness of homework
  • Wonder of getting to know my new classmates
  • Beauty and hardships of Lausanne [the repercussions of which I still deal with daily]
  • Heart-wrenching stories of shipwrecked faiths
  • Tasting the joy of community, confession, and loving Jesus
I've been fighting hard to live in a way that is sorrowful yet always rejoicing.

My mind is scattered. My heart is broken. My joy is in the Gospel.

I feel really weak lately. In small group today, Dale shared a timely encouragement about boasting in our weaknesses, because against the ugly backdrop of our weakness, Christ in the gospel looks unbelievable beautiful. My tendency, however, is to stay there, reveling in my weakness. I want to whine. But that is not a full picture of the gospel. Jesus looks beautiful because his wonder is contrasted by my finitude. And because he doesn't leave me there. He is making me more like himself. I'm in awe of this fact. Only Jesus could be wonderful enough to love a person like me. Glorious.

Well, that was a small taste of the thoughts wiggling around in my head.

Two other utterly unrelated notes:
1) listening to Gratitude by Nichole Nordeman makes me want to be in Africa SO badly.
2) the sun was shining brilliantly today. The hope of spring was inescapable.

Alas, Roman and Greek wars demand my attention. So, let me leave you with this gem:
"I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like a mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you." Isaiah 44:23

More gospel.
More grace.
May it be real in my life.

No comments: