Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Imma let you in on a little secret...

God does not leave me to my own devices.
God pursues and woos me. He breathes life into my very being.
God sees Jesus when he looks at me.
God know me intimately. I belong to him.
God is for me. He desires my good. No plan of his may be thwarted.
God is not simply walking with me, he is enabling every heartbeat, every footstep.
God is the LORD. The Holy One of Israel. My Savior.
God is.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you, For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1-2

Read that again. Let it soak in. Revel.

Love God. He is so worthy of your affections.

2 comments:

emilie brown said...

love it.

Courtney said...

This was what I needed to hear today Whit! I was so encouraged. :)