Thursday, December 17, 2009

dubrovnik, croatia

I'm missing Croatia today. Dubrovnik is such a cool, ancient city. This was the first glimpse we caught from our ship. Sweeto bridge and orange rooftops.




The pier:



Gorgeous church:



This is a typical view of the street:



There was a group of musicians playing outside of one of the sweeto old buildings.



Looking down another street at another beautiful church:



Neighborhood:






And then, my favorite part of Dubrovnik. We wandered around, following signs that pointed toward cold drinks. We were absolutely parched and the idea of mango juice or coke was irresistible. It was incredible, right on the edge of the cliff.






Eventually, we noticed others coming up from a staircase somewhere below. We decided to adventure... This is Aubrey, about to brave the whimsical looking steps.



When we reached the bottom, we found an awesome cliff. Aubrey and Chelsey were both brave enough to jump off. Gram and I didn't jump, but we did swim... in our clothes.


This day is absolutely in my top favorites. I loved seeing the cool buildings and alleys. I loved swimming in my clothes. I loved walking back through Dubrovnik utterly soaked. I love my Gramma and Aubs and Chels. And I would LOVE to go back!

No comments: